If you’re thinking about selling your home, you probably know that timing is everything – but is there really a “best” time to sell your home in Boca Raton? Here’s what you need to know.
When is the Best Time to Sell Your Home in Boca Raton?
First things first: The best time to sell your home is when you’re ready to do so. Maybe you’ve outgrown your house (or it’s too big for you and you want to downsize), or perhaps it’s time for something fresh and new. Maybe you want to be closer to the beach, farther from the hustle-and-bustle of the city, or somewhere in-between. If you’re no longer happy in your home, or with its location, it’s a good time to sell.
But if you’re looking for hard numbers, here’s the scoop:
- About 40 percent of all home sales occur in May, June, July and August
- Thursday happens to be the most popular day of the week to list a home, and statistically (according to Redfin), homes listed on Thursdays sell an average of five days faster than homes listed on Sundays (though your mileage may vary, and a lot of factors go into how quickly a home sells)
- You may want to sell after you’ve paid your monthly mortgage payment; that way, if all goes according to plan, you’ll make one more mortgage payment and then close shortly after
How Can You Sell Your Home Faster?
Although several factors come into play when it comes to selling a home, you may be able to help your REALTOR® sell your home faster if you:
- Make sure your home is perfectly clean from top to bottom
- Purge your excess belongings to show buyers how much space your home really has
- Stage your home to make it as appealing as possible to the widest range of prospective buyers
- Make small upgrades that buyers appreciate, such as new light switch plates, cabinet pulls and light fixtures
- Make repairs that you know need to be made to head off issues that can pop up after you receive an offer
- Improve your home’s curb appeal by cleaning up the yard, cutting the grass, investing in new house numbers (and maybe even a new mailbox), and power-washing the driveway
- Price your home properly from the start
When you talk to your REALTOR about selling your home, she’ll walk through with you and attempt to identify any areas that could use a little TLC. She’ll also talk to you about pricing, which is incredibly important. Pricing your home properly from the beginning can mean the difference between selling it quickly and watching it languish on the market for months – so it’s a good idea to take your agent’s advice when it comes to setting the sales price for your home.
Are You Buying or Selling a Home in Boca Raton?
Ready to sell your home quickly and at the right price? Find out how much your home is worth now!
If you’re looking for a new home in Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, Delray Beach or Highland Beach, we can help. Use these popular one-click searches to find what you’re looking for:
- Boca Raton homes for sale
- Delray Beach homes for sale
- Highland Beach homes for sale
- Pet-friendly 55+ communities in Delray Beach
- Over-55 communities in Delray Beach
- Boca Raton gated communities
- Pet-friendly 55+ communities in Boca Raton
Get Instant Access to Hot New Listings by Filling Out the Form Below