If you’re like most people, you know that Boca Raton is home to the best combination of sun, sand and sea on the coast – but what’s a better fit for you: a single-family home or a condo? This guide can help you decide.
Is a Single-Family Home Better Than a Condo in Boca Raton?
When it comes to buying a pet-friendly place to live, you’re in luck whether you want a condo or a single-family home in Boca Raton. Many condominium buildings are dog-friendly, and so are the vast majority of single-family home neighborhoods here. So which one is right for you?
Buying a Single-Family Home in a Pet-Friendly Community in Boca Raton
Single-family homes are all over the area, and if you’re looking into your options, you’ll be glad to know that your Boca Raton pet-friendly REALTOR® can help you find the perfect neighborhood for your needs.
Buying a single-family home comes with advantages (just like buying a condo does). Some of the biggest reasons people choose single-family homes in Boca Raton’s pet-friendly neighborhoods include:
- In a single-family home, you’re not sharing walls with your neighbors (though they may be located in close proximity to your house). You can make noise, stomp on the floor and play your music without worrying about others hearing – and you don’t have to worry about hearing your neighbors do any of those things, either.
- Yard space. If your dog likes to run around in the grass all day, you’re probably best-served by buying a single-family home with a fenced-in yard. Remember, though – many condos have expansive balconies, and your dog may love being able to lounge in the sun rather than running around a big, lonely yard.
- More freedom. Though there’s no guarantee that the neighborhood you choose will offer you more freedom than a condo in Boca Raton would, at least when it comes to homeowner association rules, many people find that living in a single-family home gives them a little more leeway in things like personalizing their home’s exterior.
Buying a Condo in a Pet-Friendly Building in Boca Raton
For all the benefits of living in a single-family home, there are plenty of benefits of living in a condo, too. And even better, there are so many pet-friendly condo communities in Boca Raton that you may have a hard time choosing your favorite.
Some of the biggest advantages to living in a pet-friendly condo in Boca Raton include:
- No maintenance. You don’t have to cut the grass, fix the roof or maintain the swimming pool (or any other common areas) when you live in a condo. Your condo owners’ association will handle all those things for you – all you have to do is enjoy living in your space.
- Many of the pet-friendly condos in Boca Raton are located near all the amenities the city has to offer. You’ll find condos that are close to parks, restaurants and shops, as well as the beaches and other attractions.
- Though there are some very expensive condos in Boca Raton and the surrounding communities, condos often cost less than single-family homes do – but there are exceptions to every rule. Remember, too, that you must play condo association dues when you live in a condo; those monthly, quarterly or annual fees go toward maintaining the buildings and common areas.
Are You Buying or Selling a Home in Boca Raton?
Ready to sell your home quickly and at the right price? Find out how much your home is worth now!
If you’re looking for a new home in Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, Delray Beach or Highland Beach, we can help. Use these popular one-click searches to find what you’re looking for:
- Boca Raton homes for sale
- Delray Beach homes for sale
- Highland Beach homes for sale
- Pet-friendly 55+ communities in Delray Beach
- Over-55 communities in Delray Beach
- Boca Raton gated communities
- Pet-friendly 55+ communities in Boca Raton